Ads

Twenty dead, scores injured in blast at Quetta’s Hazarganji

Twenty people were killed and dozens injured in a blast that ripped through Quetta’s Hazarganji sabzi mandi on Friday morning, authorities said.

Eight Hazara, an FC official and two children were among the dead. At least 48 others, including three security personnel, were injured in the blast, police and provincial authorities said.

DIG Quetta Abdul Razzaq Cheema told the media that the blast, which shook the Hazarganji sabzi mandi at around 7:35am, was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) that had been hidden among vegetables in the market.

Balochistan Minister for Home Mir Zia Ullah Langau said in a press conference later that initial investigation suggested it was a suicide bombing, and that it did not target any particular community.

He vowed that justice would be delivered and the perpetrators would be taken to their logical conclusion.

The post Twenty dead, scores injured in blast at Quetta’s Hazarganji appeared first on Rava.



from Rava http://bit.ly/2IfukFg
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment